Friday 8 March 2013

March Scrap Challenge

Welcome to our new NZ Paper Chase Blog.
 
So happy that you called by for a look. We hope to inspire you with ideas and inspiration to get your creative juices flowing and  would also love to see your crafty creations. Please leave a comment (and your blog address, if you have one) in the comments section.Tell us what inspires you and what you would like to see on our blog or in our magazine.
 
On the 29th of March one comment will be chosen at random,The winner will recieve and a
Glimmer Glass Travel Ledger Album complete with other scrappy goodie's


Almost every month we run a monthly challenge, and from time to time there are swaps you can join. Details will be posted here and on our FaceBook Page

Our March challenge is a colour challenge...check it out :

The rules: Create a scrapbook page using these colours, or shades of these colours.
                small amounts of other colours are allowed, but try to keep your page as close as you can to the colour pallet.


 
 In my sample page I have used a grey patterned paper by Making Memories, called Brun Antique. I've added cream paper, lace and petals and used paper ribbon the same'ish shade of pink as in the pallet. I decided  to use a deeper shade of blue as pale looked a little washed out beside the water in my photo.

 
Hot Tip
Many of the cutting dies will allow you to cut materials other than just paper. I have used a Tim Holtz Petal Die, added three layers of fabric on top and popped it through my cuttle bug. Do note that I have used the C and B plate only, along with two sheets of cardboard is ensure the correct pressure, so as not to damage my cuttle bug!

 
Simply pinch the three petal layers together and secure with a stitch to create the perfect flower for your page.

 

 
Our Prize this month is
  • One pack of Creative Imaginations frames by Marah Johnson
  • One pack of Melange Creative Imaginations rub-ons

Email your entries to me at  duntroongarage@xtra.co.nz by Midnight on Saturday the 30th of March.
The winner will be announced on Sunday 31st of March. All entries will be posted here.

Wishing you all a happy, scrappy weekend.







 

17 comments:

Midnightscrapper said...

midnightscrapper@wordpress.com. Looking awesome Sonya :-)

Nic said...

the new blog looks great Sonya!

Time to relax said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brenda Morgan said...

Thank you all for the warm welcomes on Facebook, the blog looks great. I'm new to the 'blog world' and am currently trying to get my own up and running (hard when you are a techno phobe like me). Am looking forward to participating in your challenges/swaps

Unknown said...

Thankyou ladies for your lovely comments and for your blog address'es which I will pop on a sidelink over the weekend. Brenda, if you have any questions regarding bloggin please let us know, Im sure someone out there will be able to help :-)

Tanya W said...

I love the new blog and the colours are stunning, this is a link for my blog http://photosandcrafts.wordpress.com/

Memories by Manda said...

Glad to have found the new site! I'm inspired by layouts & creations in magazines and on blogs. I'm also inspired by participating in the odd challenge or two and submitting to magazines.
www.memoriesbymanda.blogspot.com

Dianne H said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dianne H said...

The newly designed PC blog looks fantastic Sonya. Little tutorials are always inspirational and challenges motivating. Thanks for all your hard work doing this. My blog is www.diannehanson.blogspot.com

Trace said...

The new blog looks great Sonya. Another thing I would love to see is photos of camps and retreats around the country, I think that would be great to see.

My blog addy is:http://milotui.blogspot.com

Danice said...

New look is fantastic! well done guys!

Unknown said...

Thanks to everyone so far who has left a comment.I am noting down all of your suggestions and will do my best to see that everything you want does show up here :-)

Ngaere said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ngaere said...

Fantastic job on the blog Sonya look forward to seeing it evolve.

Blog is NysBiz.blogspot.com

Robin said...

The blog is looking neat. as a newbie to blogging i look forward to seeing and reading peoples work. Well done

Vicki said...

Love the new blog. Like using sketches as inspiration and also trying new techniques especially the latest arty type ones. :) My blog. http://vickiparker.wordpress.com

Ann said...

Hi, Donna sent me the link to the new blog and it look's great Sonya. I love challenges and the way they keep me motivated to create....especially when life get's busy.

Template by:

Free Blog Templates